Welcome to Team BugSplat's Site

We are Team Bugsplat, We take part in the Scumrun rally and run the official Scumrunvideo youtube channel

31 Jan 2011

Let's see what happens! respray here she comes...

Ok people, been keeping this one under my hat until the time comes, but alas like the words of the great agent smith 'it is inevitable' that time moves on and tomorrow I am taking the bug for a bit of a 'touch up'

 Here is the design that the graphics company 'graffiti4hire' have sent me...


Subtle I know! Im fascinated by what is going to happen tomorrow. I have been talking to one of the guys by email and he thinks it can be done in a day, so ill be sure to upload a photo of the finished thing...

I have been having some troubles in the preparation department though.

sanding... I attacked the car with some fine grain wet and dry to 'key it' tonight, however I failed to consider the implications of the minus temperatures outside. so instead of a nice even sanding down of the bodywork I proceeded to smear a thin layer of instantaneously frozen ice over the entire car body....

I removed the badges and trim etc with a screw driver, only mildly snapping most of them in the process.

You see due to my busy schedule (break out the violins again) ive just not had time to spend preparing the car properly so im hoping the little ive done will suffice.

Ive borrowed the good camera from work so I'll be sure to make a little video for the site also. I do know how much you enjoy them.

so if you see this thing coming back down the m40 tomorrow night be sure to point and laugh at me along with everyone else...

but secretly you know you'd rather be driving it...

No comments:

Post a Comment