That place where hitler did his speeches in nurburg. We are now heading for the czech border
30 Apr 2011
Ok so as I groggily stir from my jaeger induced slumber and come to the realisation we have to do it all again today I thought id give you a few highlights from yesterdays events
1. Satnav deciding europe doesnt exist anymore and only being able to find shopping malls and flower shops meaning a day of using maps and hoping we can find someone near the destination to stalk...
2. We so far have kept to our rule of if the car is moving the roof stays down including freezing heavy fog, several rain showers and of course the sun that has crispened me up a treat
3. David falling asleep in the passenger seat bolt upright while doing 110mph (you need to hear the car at that speed and experience the top down to realise how ridiculous this is...imagine falling asleep inside a jet engine...
4. I lovely tour of the champagne region with its lovely country side and nice smooth roads
5. Driving around central reins looking for veuve cliqouts building and scraping on pretty much everything we drove over
6. Number plate flying off at high speed only to be gaffered back on...of course.
7. The amount of times ive used gaffer tape in one day...i reckon I hold some kind of world record...
8. The kareoke...less said the better...dont worry its all on video
So that will do...plenty more but my all day breakfast in a can is calling me...
Roll on scumrun day 2!
29 Apr 2011
28 Apr 2011
click the button then choose 'team bugsplat' from the drop down to see where we are!
27 Apr 2011
25 Apr 2011
Well its only a couple of days to go so tonight I headed down the a3 to scumrun hq to meet heir scumrun as I had the honour of being chosen for one of the official trackers
It was a beautiful evening for roof down action and a chance to really open her up
Having got there a jolly ed looked at my in situ wiring
But after some fiddling he got it working
Gave me a chance to oggle a couple of the scumrun beemers too
Rock on thursday!
20 Apr 2011
19 Apr 2011
18 Apr 2011
17 Apr 2011
This week, I've been mostly fussing and sorting camping gear but I did just find time to refit the front splitters that graced the bug for the nurburgring last september.
12 Apr 2011
10 Apr 2011
Hope you all enjoyed the weather this weekend, 'twas very lovely and sunny. This gave me the chance to do a couple of jobs on the car. The rally is fast approaching now (as you can see from the countdown) so been trying to get serious with ticking things off the list!
Yesterday we had a gathering where lots of family visited, which included various guided tours of the car, which is achieving a level of fame (within my family) that is on a par with the level of eccentricity they badge me with.
David (Cap'ain slow) was amongst these, he took the opportunity to explain the inner workings of a bonnet hinge and other such exciting mechanical trinkets