Welcome to Team BugSplat's Site

We are Team Bugsplat, We take part in the Scumrun rally and run the official Scumrunvideo youtube channel

6 Jan 2012

The bug starts 2012 with some hollywood testing and hollywood budgets!

So as 2012 kicks off like leaving the cones from the nordschleife pit lane in a cloud of rubber burning maelstrom the bug has had quite an eventful first week...

Firstly as you may or may not be aware I am endeavouring to create some oscar winning scumrun video content on the next rally in May... Failing that just capturing a lot of it in somewhere near decent quality will do.

The Christmas fairies came along and brought me a Contour HD 1080p helmet camera with the pro in car mount along with it.  So I took the opportunity to give it a bit of a test...


This was going really well until I decided to try some helmet and exterior shots...it appears that the 3M pad on the helmet didn't hold...the camera went flying...smashing into the tarmac at 20mph busting the power button and battery doh!  I've sent it back and finger's crossed!

The second issue this week has been that old chum of any true scumrun enthusiast...the MOT.

I use a garage called Fox's in Guildford, they've been serving me well for several years and done the last 2 MOTs on the bug as well as various repairs...

MOT failure as expected (well honestly after the 2011 it had did you really expect a clean sweep?) on all the areas that if I had actually stopped to think I would have known it would fail on, emissions, headlight aim, few other bits and pieces...but the main one I didnt realise, the rear breaks were £$%£$&

and by $£%&$% I mean not working at all...totally seized, kaput, deceased, like said parrot...

Turns out it needed new pads, discs and calipers. sorry night pictures are never good but here are the shiny new brakes



These now fitted (and still to be bedded in) and new shiny MOT in hand the bug is ready for 2012's fun and frollicks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment