Welcome to Team BugSplat's Site

We are Team Bugsplat, We take part in the Scumrun rally and run the official Scumrunvideo youtube channel

27 Apr 2012

1 week until the Scumrun, shake down and tape down

So as you can see from the countdown clock ----------------->

There is not long to go until the crazy world of Scumrun once again descends on the pour defenceless European highway network and removes her of any such innocence as she once had. It's a relief that the route is always new as I'm not convinced a destination would take the punishment 2 years running.

Driving miss daisy it isnt...

In preparation for this I've been fairly unprepared. You can read below my exploits around camera equipment etc in recent times. But it's true to say that I've not really had much chance to focus on one of the most important components of the whole thing.  The car!

With 1 week to go I finally got round to thinking about the bag of spanners that will get us round.

out comes the gaffer...

In truth, I'm hoping shes pretty much in shape and ready to go but Andy and I took her out for a blast down the A3 to give her a bit of a shakedown. redlining in 4th showed that the engine still has a bit of go ready for her swansong event (note engine swap following event)

It has left her with a bit of a rattly exhaust though, will need to source a heavy duty exhaust clamp before Wednesday.

Project X is also going well, this is a surprise for the event so I will do a full report on this post event.

So roll on this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment