Welcome to Team BugSplat's Site

We are Team Bugsplat, We take part in the Scumrun rally and run the official Scumrunvideo youtube channel

5 Apr 2012

Scumrun only a few weeks away now...

The time is flying by now and my seemingly endless list of jobs is still seemingly just that...endless
However I have been making some progress on the old video system front.


I now have virtually everything I need. Only one more thing to find, a 4 or 5" 12v portable television with a coaxial input (ie aerial) to plug the B&O VHS output into. However these appear to be rarer than moondust on ebay! but I'll keep hunting.

Then for the almighty task of wiring and bolting it all into the car! That will be quite an ordeal I guess.

I think I'm up to around 12 camera's in total now, whether I get them all working will be another matter however. You know who I feel sorry for? the poor little lightweight battery in the bug!

Ok in other matters, After our little meeting with Tiff last week...



I got home and the car seemed like it had enjoyed the good thrashing it had on route.

But it decided to bite me in the arse...with one of those most annoying of things...a slow puncture.

Rear offside tyre was going down. so I nipped round to good old Guildford Tyre Co and they did a good job of fixing it up. If marginally wrist slapping me for tyres not having that much life left in them.

Lastly, It is wheels day tomorrow where the Scumrun team have a stand and several of us are taking our respective motors down for a bit of a humdingaloolaparty.

As a tribute to the fact that many people may be openly laughing at my ridiculous car I decided I better give it a wipe down. So here is another one of those rarest of things. A photo of the bug fairly clean!


Alas I will return soon with more pre rally antics...not long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment